PDA

View Full Version : Wifite; airmon-ng requirees the program iw

Smallbird
2016-07-23, 11:52
Hiya,

Just got NetHunter installed and ran into to trouble straight away.
The installation took a while but everything went smoothly so I don't think it's related to any corrupt installation but I am in no way able to tell.

When launching Wifite I only get the error message "airmon-ng requirees the program iw"
iw is installed and I have tried removing and re-installing but same again.
Searched this forum and seen a few people with similar issue but seemingly no solution. So I'll just post the question again and hopefully I can get it solved at least.

Nexus 7 Marshmallow
Kernel version 3.4.0-g1fc765b

TheMantis
2016-12-01, 17:24
Hiya,

Just got NetHunter installed and ran into to trouble straight away.
The installation took a while but everything went smoothly so I don't think it's related to any corrupt installation but I am in no way able to tell.

When launching Wifite I only get the error message "airmon-ng requirees the program iw"
iw is installed and I have tried removing and re-installing but same again.
Searched this forum and seen a few people with similar issue but seemingly no solution. So I'll just post the question again and hopefully I can get it solved at least.

Nexus 7 Marshmallow
Kernel version 3.4.0-g1fc765b

You need to run airmon-ng before you start wifite. Or you can edit the wifite custom command as echo -ne "\033]0;Wifite\007" && clear;airmon-ng start wlan1;sleep 5;wifite --aircrack

It works for me.

arnaudlvq
2016-12-13, 15:50
Hello TheMantis, ...i have the same problem as him. Can you explain what I have to do to solve this ?
I didnt understand how you could start airmon-ng ... If its not working ?
Thank you