PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S4 NetHunter Installation

Captain Redbeard
2016-08-17, 18:40
Does anyone know of a straightforward, in-depth guide for rooting and installing NetHunter on a Samsung Galaxy S4? This will be my next project and I want to read up on the process before getting started.

What is the purpose, you ask? I intend to turn my old phone into a portable pen-testing platform/PDA. As I get more involved in pen-testing, I now see the need for a smaller, more portable platform than just my laptop alone. I have found plenty of documentation on rooting, but not much on the installation of NetHunter itself. With that being said, I will be documenting the entire process and posting the results when I am finished.

Any resources you may be able to point me to would be greatly appreciated.

Captain Redbeard
2016-08-18, 21:53
Phone is now rooted, but I did have one question before I attempt the NetHunter install. Can you still use android based apps once it's installed? The only apps I am concerned with at this point are arduino controllers for my quadcopter. I would like to be able to utilize them on the same device, as this is going to be something I present to my boss at some point down the line.