PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to mount/use an external USB drive in nethunter???

krunt0r
2016-08-25, 19:09
Question.
Is it possible to mount a usb drive while running nethunter?

The reason is so I may save files directly to a usb from the kali/nethunter console.

I have tried fdisk -l
But it lists, no drives?

any advice would be helpful

thanks in advance

jcadduono
2016-08-25, 19:32
it should be supported unless the device cant supply enough power over otg to the drive (you may need to use y cable)
when android mounts it, you can log into the chroot and it should automatically bind mount it somewhere in / (ls /*usb*) but it will probably use a vold overlay so unix permissions might not work on the fs

ls /dev/block/sd* will show you a list of drives that the kernel detects, your otg would most likely be the last one (highest letter), you can try making a /mnt point for it and mounting it there from within the chroot for direct fs access

krunt0r
2016-08-27, 15:09
Thanks for reply.

Got it working...
Thanks for ideas.
:D

krunt0r
2017-05-25, 08:01
Moving on.....
I am able to attach usb drive and mount it, but now I want to use encryption on my usb drive,
I have formatted my usb and have encrypted it, but I am unable to gain entry to my files on the encrypted device when trying to mount in nethunter.
I can gain entry to usb when I plug it into my kali machine, but for some unknown reason nethunter does not recognize the device/filesystem.

Here is what it says: and the commands I run:
ls /dev/block/sd* >>>gives output of >>> /dev/block/sdb /dev/block/sdb1

then I run:
mount /dev/block/sdb1 >>>gives output of >>> mount: unknown filesystem type 'crypto_LUKS'

I know i am doing something wrong but have no idea what : Can anyone help?
Many thanks in advance for help