PDA

View Full Version : Kali and RealVNC Enterprise Blank Screen

WhichWitch62
2016-09-15, 22:33
Hello,

Gnome, fully updated Kali running headless. tightvnc was working and all of a sudden stopped working partially. It was showing no Kali menu, but I was able to right click and open a terminal but even that was off screen. As a result I purchased realVNC. I purged tightvnc, installed realVNC connected with the client successfully authenticated but was presented with a black screen with a black dot as the arrow. I am seeing errors in syslog that say protocol not specified from vncserver-x11-service and errors in syslog that states AgentInitCheck: no response from agent and AgentInitCheck: agent comms failure.

In the ~/.vnc/hostname:1.log it is stating:

error opening security policy file /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
then some warnings about no symbols being defined for keycodes
and finally fatal errors:
Starting Session: /etc/X11/Xsession
Terminated
Session Terminated with return code 143
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":1"
after 403 requests (403 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
vncserverui: FPE"/usr/share/vnc/fonts" refcount is 2 should be 1;fixing.
<13> 2016-09-15T21:55:440.899Z Hostname Xvnc[9079]: ServerManager: Server Stopped:confused:

I'm at a loss of what to do here, I have seen posts pointing to Xauthority file, environment variables for DISPLAY, xhost, nothing is working. There is no monitor attached. I want to be able to VNC in as root with a GUI so it's basically headless. RealVNC support hasn't been much help

WhichWitch62
2016-09-16, 00:45
Turns out that simply editing the gdm3 daemon.conf file to include waylandenable = false fixed the issue...... after I spent 12 hours on it.......