PDA

View Full Version : OpenCL Issues

poojinky
2016-10-05, 11:46
Hey all,

other than blindly installing anything with a vague reference to Opencl or cuda i'm all out of ideas

this never used to be a problem.

So I guess the question is:

Does anyone know how to satisfy the dependencies to have hashcat working correctly on Kali rolling ?

I have a workstation that has two 1080's going to waste ;)
and a Dell Latitude e7270 (intel graphics)

both have the openCL issues

I consider hashcat a core part of my 'kitbag'

anyway I'd love to see it working, or instead of rolling I'd like stable ? there are probably at least 5 ways to capture a hash in Kali ... cracking them should be a priority no ?

if there is a specific way to set it up please show me, if I need to do anything tell me, please.

[root:~/Desktop/hashcat-master]# ./hashcat --benchmark
hashcat (master) starting in benchmark-mode...

OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation
======================================
- Device #1: GeForce GTX 1080, 2027/8110 MB allocatable, 20MCU
- Device #2: GeForce GTX 1080, 2028/8113 MB allocatable, 20MCU

ERROR: clCreateContext(): CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR

Hashtype: MD4

ERROR: clSetKernelArg(): CL_INVALID_KERNEL

&

hashcat (v3.10-390-g180bdba) starting in benchmark-mode...

OpenCL Platform #1: Mesa, skipped! No OpenCL compatible devices found

ERROR: No devices found/left

ERROR: opencl_ctx_devices_init() failed

Started: Fri Oct 7 09:00:02 2016
Stopped: Fri Oct 7 09:00:02 2016

x5ctf
2016-10-15, 09:10
apt install nvidia-opencl-icd
apt install libxnvctrl-dev
apt install nvidia-opencl-dev
apt install libgmp3-dev
apt install libgmp10-doc
apt install opencl-headers

G3Cube
2016-11-28, 03:29
I just finished installing the drivers for Nvidia and had the same problem regarding "No OpenCL drivers" found, or some such thing. So, I did a bit of Googling, then decided to install what I thought would solve the problem, and - it did.

I used Synaptic Package Manager (which I recommend using over the OEM package manager) to search for the term "opencl", then marked for installation "NVIDIA OpenCL installable client driver (ICD)", which also marked a bunch of other files for installation. I then ran hashcat and it worked... but it did mention I was short on one installation file - "libxnvctrl-dev". So after installing the above I ran "apt-get install libxnvctrl-dev". Bingo!

I just ran hashcat on a hccap file and it peaked at 110,000 hits (calculations) a second! The best I got previously was about 4200 hits a second on 32-bit. All I have been able to say is: Wow. Over and over and over. Wow. Wow. Wow. I am flabbergasted. I went through my entire dictionary file collection in the 8-12 character optimized directory in about 6 minutes. Previously it would take hours.

Hope this helps.

Best,
G3Cube