PDA

View Full Version : 2016.2 apt-get upgrade error. Usb hard disk in tall. Plz help

Spacechimp
2016-10-14, 22:39
Please help me idk how many times ive had to reinstall with similar results. Im using a lenovo thinkpad and a live usb with 2016.2 doing a hard disk install to a 32gb usb. i ran apt-get update then apt-get upgrade and it fetches the packages but then i get this

Fetched 801 MB in 42min 0s (318 kB/s)
Reading changelogs... Done
Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Preconfiguring packages ...
supported-versions: WARNING! Unknown distribution: kali
debian found in ID_LIKE, treating as Debian
supported-versions: WARNING: Unknown Debian release: 2016.1
setting xserver-xorg-legacy/xwrapper/allowed_users from configuration file
dpkg: error: syntax error in file triggers file '/var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File'
dpkg-query: error: syntax error in file triggers file '/var/lib/dpkg/triggers/File'
update-kali-menu: error: dpkg-query gave error exit status 2
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
E: Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke '[ ! -x /usr/share/kali-menu/update-kali-menu ] || /usr/share/kali-menu/update-kali-menu wait_dpkg'
E: Sub-process returned an error code

last time i did apt-get dist-upgrade it completely broke and ive yet to figure a way to stop the encrypted partition to not automount so i can reformat the usb -_- make that 2 now. Really don't know what to do here, I searched line by line but came up with very little and the usual solutions didn't work resulting in a read only filesystem error them just I/O errors and same on reboot right after unlocking the encrypted partition just a bunch of I/O error and the system won't load...