PDA

View Full Version : [Help] installation incomplete and no way to reflash it (symlink issue?)

sheldor
2016-10-25, 00:23
Hi,

I tried to flash nethunter on my Nexus 10 (lollipop). Since it wasn't rooted yet I first unlocked the bootloader, flashed TWRP and supersu.
Everything ok so far: I got root access.

Then I downloaded nethunter from offensive security (sha1sum checked) and installed it in recovery.
But it didn't finish without issues: at the end there appear several error messages as for example
Error opening: '/data/local/nhsystem/kali-armhf/dev/ram12' (Not a directory)
Error opening: '/data/local/nhsystem/kali-armhf/dev/ram14' (Not a directory)
Error opening: '/data/local/nhsystem/kali-armhf/dev/loop2' (Not a directory)

I continued and after reboot there wasn't the nethunter interface but still the stock android with some additional apps (that couldn't be started).
So I went back into recovery, reflashed nethunter, did a factory reset but the result was still the same. I always get these error messages at the end.

They appear, whenever a flashing is done or even when only a wipe (factory or only cache doesn't matter) is done.
So I tried to go back to the stock ROM but it's impossible since the flashing process always fails (probably due to the errors).
As a workaround I flashed Cyanogemod 13 (Marshmallow) what a least succeeded (I still got the error messages, but after that I could start CM).

But flashing nethunter is still not possible. I still get the error messages, the process doesn't seem to have finished successfully and there is a bootloop which I can only fix by reflashing CM.
I also tried going back to CM 12 (Lollipop) since it's more similar to the stock ROM - but no success, still the same problem when I flash nethunter :-(

I'm really desperate at the moment since I don't know what else I can try...
Does anyone has an idea what might help?
Since the error messages seem to be broken symlinks (?) I guess fixing this might enable to start from scratch an reflash everything. But I don't know how/where to do this in Android.
Do you think this might help and do you know how to so this?

p.s.

I also downloaded the master from github and have built an uninstaller and full chroot build with the build.py but again I was unable the complete the flashing process due to the error messages
The only thing that works is the official installer from offensive security (the errors only appear at the end but it doesn't seem to get aborted during the process)