PDA

View Full Version : Strange behavior on loopback interface after upgrading

Bill
2016-11-10, 11:48
Hi everyone,

After googling without success i hope to find explanations on the subject here ;-))
Here is the point. After upgrading my kali linux distro to version 4.7.0 i noticed a strange behavior on my loopback interface.
After upgrading without any particular issues, i saw tcp traffic on the loopback interface using brlp protocol wich is Braille
protocol on port 4101.In fact 127.0.0.1 talks to itself in a way you can observe looking at screen-shots.

I am not able to identify what causes this, is there anyone who has encountered this behavior before ? 19551956
Is it something normal to have this kind of traffic on the loopback interface ?

Any ideas ???

Thanks

Bill

cosimodm
2016-11-20, 11:18
Hi everyone,

After googling without success i hope to find explanations on the subject here ;-))
Here is the point. After upgrading my kali linux distro to version 4.7.0 i noticed a strange behavior on my loopback interface.
After upgrading without any particular issues, i saw tcp traffic on the loopback interface using brlp protocol wich is Braille
protocol on port 4101.In fact 127.0.0.1 talks to itself in a way you can observe looking at screen-shots.

I am not able to identify what causes this, is there anyone who has encountered this behavior before ? 19551956
Is it something normal to have this kind of traffic on the loopback interface ?

Any ideas ???

Thanks

Bill

I noticed the same thing, so annoying!!! It is sending hundreds of probes a minute... still don't know what the issue is!