PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Sensitivity

de1erious
2013-03-13, 19:05
I use a Razer Deathadder gaming mouse and cannot decrese the sensitivity and acceleration as I did in Backtrack 5, and as I do in Ubuntu.
I used to use this script at startup:

xinput --set-prop "Razer Razer DeathAdder" "Device Accel Constant Deceleration"$
echo "Razer DeathAdder Deceleration set to 3."

xinput --set-prop "Razer Razer DeathAdder" "Device Accel Velocity Scaling" 1
echo "Razer DeathAdder Velocity Scaling set to 1."

But now xinput is no longer a command. I imagine because it's only a ubuntu command..?

I'm curious if anyone has an alternative for me. The system mouse settings are at their lowest and it's still nearly impossible to navigate when my mouse flys across the map like superman.

Thanks in advance,

De1.

flexxoh
2013-03-13, 23:52
Hey dude, since Kali is based on Debian you'll need to use the "xset" command. Here's what I've done:

xset m 1/3 1

That'll reduce the mouse sensitivity to a usable level. I haven't figured out how to make it slower than that.

Here's more info: http://www.debian-administration.org/article/21/Setting_mouse_speed_under_X.

forlulz
2013-03-14, 13:08
If using Gnome, there is a mouse settings tab.

flexxoh
2013-03-14, 15:24

Unfortunately lowering the sensitivity in the mouse settings tab doesn't do anything. I haven't had a chance to test with a different mouse, but I'm using a Razer brand mouse as well. May just be isolated to that brand. So far the only way I can effectively reduce my mouse sensitivity is via the "xset" command.

de1erious
2013-03-14, 17:23
Hey dude, since Kali is based on Debian you'll need to use the "xset" command. Here's what I've done:

xset m 1/3 1

That'll reduce the mouse sensitivity to a usable level. I haven't figured out how to make it slower than that.

Here's more info: http://www.debian-administration.org/article/21/Setting_mouse_speed_under_X.

Thanks a lot I'll give it a try. I thought there would be something similar on Debian.. especially since they're so related.

I guess you didn't read my post. They are already at their lowest.