PDA

View Full Version : How to get Wi-Fi working on MacBook Pro on kali 2.0 usb?

kingfitz
2016-12-15, 05:47
Hi, I know this question has been asked before and I've done quite a bit of digging online before coming here. But I am at a loss of how to get working Wi-Fi on a Kali 2.0 live USB on MacBook Pro retina. This is especially odd because there is no ethernet port and I can't do any apt get updates without working Wi-Fi. I'm trying to find offline solution where I can somehow download the proper driver and install it manually. But I don't know where to get the proper driver and any related dependencies. If you have any ideas or solutions feel free to suggest. Thank you

en0:

Broadcom BCM4360 [14e4:43a0] (rev 03). Subsystem: Apple device [106b:0134]. Multi media controller [0480]: Broadcom corporation device [14e4:1570]

Kernel driver in use: bcma

EDIT: looks like without a wired connection you cannot get a driver for this chip. This is patently absurd as in the kali install prompts network driver section there are hundreds of network drivers just not for this extremely common chip used on macs and other computers. I've spent 3 + hours trying to figure this out and found out the only solution is to buy an Ethernet to thunderbolt adapter for Mac and connect to an ethernet connection and run the commands at this guide.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pentestmac.wordpress.com/2015/11/28/kali-linux-broadcom-wireless-on-macbook/amp/

Kind of ridiculous that this driver is not included in any kali distros and is so hard to get. Have to waste much time and go buy an adapter to make kali not worthless. Sigh