PDA

View Full Version : Select package version with apt get installation

itanon
2017-01-19, 23:48
As in the title I'll need to download and install a package via "apt-get install" command but need to specify the version, here's the question:
I need to install the Nvidia cuda toolkit package.
If I issue "apt-get install Nvidia toolkit" it install the last version of this package(version 8)....I need the 6.5... There's a way to specify the version I want when performing apt-get command ?..... I've tried "apt-get install Nvidia toolkit-6.5" but nothing .....Any suggestions about it?
P.s. I'm a newbie so be patience, all this stuffs is needed for letting me run cpyrit with Cuda support
Thanks!

makkwong
2017-01-20, 03:48
As in the title I'll need to download and install a package via "apt-get install" command but need to specify the version, here's the question:
I need to install the Nvidia cuda toolkit package.
If I issue "apt-get install Nvidia toolkit" it install the last version of this package(version 8)....I need the 6.5... There's a way to specify the version I want when performing apt-get command ?..... I've tried "apt-get install Nvidia toolkit-6.5" but nothing .....Any suggestions about it?
P.s. I'm a newbie so be patience, all this stuffs is needed for letting me run cpyrit with Cuda support
Thanks!

apt search nvidia

itanon
2017-01-20, 10:47
apt search nvidia
Thanks I'll try this way

martimarti
2017-03-16, 17:26
root@kali:~# uname -a
Linux kali 4.6.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.6.4-1kali1 (2016-07-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux
root@kali:~#

root@kali:~# lspci -v | egrep -i 'vga|3d|nvidia' | grep -i 'nvidia'
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G96GLM [Quadro FX 770M] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

root@kali:~# apt search nvidia
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
firmware-misc-nonfree/now 20160712-0kali1 all [installed,local]
Binary firmware for various drivers in the Linux kernel

libvdpau1/now 1.1.1-3 amd64 [installed,local]
Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (libraries)

pyrit/now 0.4.0-7 amd64 [installed,local]
GPGPU-driven WPA/WPA2-PSK key cracker

truecrack/now 3.0-1kali0 amd64 [installed,local]
Bruteforce password cracker for TrueCrypt volumes.

vdpau-driver-all/now 1.1.1-3 amd64 [installed,local]
Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (driver metapackage)

xserver-xorg-video-nouveau/now 1:1.0.12-2 amd64 [installed,local]
X.Org X server -- Nouveau display driver

which one should I install?