PDA

View Full Version : dpkg - Error processing libxtables11:amd64 - dependency problems

kazargo
2017-02-01, 08:54
I've recently installed Kali-rolling as a virtual machine on VM VirtualBox 5.1.14. But Since I installed the system and every time I execute a command in the terminal I get this message

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libxtables11:amd64:
libxtables12:amd64 (1.6.0+snapshot20161117-4) breaks libxtables11 (<= 1.6.0+snapshot20161117-1) and is installed.
Version of libxtables11:amd64 to be configured is 1.6.0-3.

dpkg: error processing package libxtables11:amd64 (--configure):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
libxtables11:amd64
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I tried the following solutions that I found them on the Internet, but none of them worked and I'm still getting the same dependency problem.

apt-get clean
apt-get autoclean
apt-get -f install

apt-get autoremove
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

The problem is preventing me of installing any packages, or even executing an "apt-get upgrade" command.
Since I'm very new to the Linux Environment, I don't know if I explained the problem as I should, But I hope you can find a solution for my problem :)

awfulwaffle
2017-02-02, 11:20
Try this:

dpkg --force-overwrite -i /var/cache/apt/archives/libxtables12_1.6.0+snapshot20161117-4_amd64.deb

Than try continuing with rest of upgrade.
*Note: The above package synatx may vary on your setup/configuration so you may want to check the package folder location to ensure you enter it correctly.

Good Luck