PDA

View Full Version : Problem after apt-get dist-upgrade on kali 4.6.0

Flochon
2017-02-08, 19:52
Hi guys!

First, thanks to all of you who gonna try to help me!

1° my config:

MB msi Z170A gaming pro carbon
CPU intel i5 6600K
RAM 2x8go DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16
GC MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X
SSD 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (windows 10 system)
HDD 1000GB WD Blue WD10EZEX 64MB (where I installed Kali linux 2016 .2 64bit)
PSU Corsair RM850i Modular 80+ Gold

2° How I installed my setup:

I installed win10 64 bit on the SSD (gaming computer...), UEFI mode.
I finaly succeed to install Kali Linux 2016.2 (kernel 4.6.0) in normal mode while I unplugged my SSD (to be sure to don't screw my win10 install...) Want to use the boot menu to acces to Kali.

3° My problem:

After installation of Kali, I am booting on it without problem. Then, I want to update the system with the command: " apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y " (my goal is to install the nvidia kernel to play with cuda etc...)
Then everything's fine, upgrade finish, I check the version with uname -r and I am still in 4.6.0... normal i didnt reboot!

I reboot, and after the kali screen where we have the choice between Kali and the advanced option, the boot is stuck with problem like this (on the photo).

I tried to reinstall but all the time the same problem... with some change like CPU#1 or CPU#2 or CPU#3 etc... but all the time this NMI WATCHDOG Bug ...

Good point is that I still can boot on Kali 4.6.0 when I use the advanced options.

I searched on many website, forum and can't find a proper solution... I really need to run the lastest version of the kernel otherwise I can't use my graphic card...

I still searching but losing faith... HELP :)

Thanks to you readers and helpers!

Flo

Flochon
2017-02-09, 13:35
Ok I fixed the problem... like usual, the problem what situated between my screen and my chair... I did'nt change my display cable from igd to DP because someone told me it will not work until I use my CG with drivers...
Whatever, I boot on Kali 4.9.0 and It's working EXCEPT that my mouse cursor is stuck in the high left corner! And It's funny because I can play with the invisible mouse... right clic open contextuel menu etc... any help will be welcome!
Thanks

Flo