PDA

View Full Version : Encrypting Log files

Mikey
2017-02-25, 17:02
Kali Linux 2.0
Raspberry Pi

I wanted to know if I can encrypt my log files on my Kali installation. I always worry that someone will steel what ever I've hidden my R/P in and once found someone could hand it in to the Authorities, who would then discover who it belongs to.

Rather than this happening I'd like to hide who logged into the machine by encrypting the log files. It did occur to me to turn these files off, but should anything else go wrong with the program, I wont know if I turn off the log files.

Thanks a lot .

grid
2017-03-02, 12:36
While I'm not familiar with the Raspberry Pi, it sounds like you need to do the encrypted install using LVM and LUKS. You can find detailed directions over at docs.kali.org

Mikey
2017-03-03, 09:37
While I'm not familiar with the Raspberry Pi, it sounds like you need to do the encrypted install using LVM and LUKS. You can find detailed directions over at docs.kali.org

Hello Grid
Thanks for the reply. (The only one) I hadn't heard of LVM & LUKS you mentioned, but thanks for the link. I'll head over there now and see if I can't sort this out.

grid
2017-03-03, 10:41
No problem...details are there, but in a nutshell: LVM handles the encryption, and LUKS lets you set up Kali with a self destruct.