PDA

View Full Version : Installing Nightly Kernel

jafoca
2017-03-14, 15:19
Hello-

I have a Nexus 7 2013 WIFI (FLO) and am able to get the release version of Nethunter installed just fine, then have updated the Nethunter App / CHROOT, and finally gotten apt-get fixed and updating everything properly, however even at that point my external wifi won't work for anything like wifite or other apps. It is seen by the device (lsusb) but can't initialize properly.

I read elsewhere on these forums that the issue can be resolved by updating to a nightly build kernel version - 3.15 for example. I have tried doing this through booting into TWRP, clearing caches, then using the 'install' menu to load the 3.15 nightly .zip file. This process results in the system being un-bootable, so I am clearly doing something wrong in that case.

What am I missing in this process?

Would it work to 'build' nethunter myself using 'nethunter-installer' instead of trying to flash the release + nightlies?

Or maybe the best question is how do I install a nightly build?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Roatandave
2017-03-21, 16:16
Have you gone into setting-device and checked that the kernel is installing correctly? I fixed mine by using the nethunter-install, The readme in that directory will give the instructions for building the kernel only.