PDA

View Full Version : kali-rolling megasync install?

1337Tester
2017-06-01, 10:21
Hello all,

Is there a possibility to install MEGAsync (https://mega.nz/sync) on the kali-rolling (as I understand, it is not anymore a Debian based distribution)?

And if not, do you have some reliable cloud synchronization clients on kali-rolling?

grid
2017-06-01, 11:36
If you'd like it added to the repo, I'd file a tool request over at bugs.kali.org

You can always manually install it, but if a tool isn't in the repo, there's a good chance it may break something. If the dependencies required for the tool to work are in Kali, then it's somewhat safer.

All the same, I'd do a full backup before installing something not in the Kali repos.

1337Tester
2017-06-09, 17:49
Thank you, i will add the request.

There are some dependencies as cryptolib9++, I dont think I risk going the path of installing something outside of KALI repos for a while:)

grid
2017-06-12, 11:40
No problem!

Good idea, going outside Kali repos is always a risk. Depending on your risk tolerance, you could use Clonezilla to get an image of your machine, then try an install.

Dienzephalon
2017-06-15, 02:26
Just caught on in perfect timing; I wanted to install Mega yesterday, but couldnt see any simple way around it, so that is great news :-)