PDA

View Full Version : Issues installing Kalli - Can't find drive

redheadedrod
2017-10-30, 16:14
I am using a 2 year old Gigabyte "Gaming" motherboard with 1 Sata SSD, 2 Sata HD's and a Sata CD/DVD drive. It also has an all in one reader installed.

For installation purposes I have disconnected the all in one reader since it creates additional drives.

I can boot up into the live USB drive fine and even recognizes my WiFi without issue.

I have installed Win 10 Pro in Legacy mode and I have additional partitions For running Ubuntu and Kali. All of the Non Windows partitions are extended partitions.
Swap (10 gig)
Kali (20gig)
Ubuntu (40 gig)

Currently when installing Kali from the USB it completes fine. Kali goes into the sdc7 partition with no errors.

When I reboot the system with the USB drive disconnected It gives a "reset hard drive error" 4 times then says it can not find sdc7 and drops to busy box.

I have installed Ubuntu 14.04 as well. Ubuntu and Windows 10 work great but the Kali installation fails with the above error no matter what I do.

I am assuming I need to change something in the boot parameters but not sure what to do? Normally it just works for me...

(Although in my Laptop I have a UEFI installation of Windows 10 and I installed Kali and Ubuntu with Legacy modes. I have to boot the laptop into Legacy and choose ubuntu and I am fine. A little strange but works. But don't figure its related to this issue.)

Not sure what to do since doesn't seem to be related to anyone elses issues I have searched for.

Using latest Kali download as of 10-25-2017