PDA

View Full Version : Troubleshoot after Fresh Install & Upgrade

AnipTiK
2018-01-25, 08:36
Hi there,

(I wanted to fresh install Kali, everything was working yesterday...)
I've just installed Kali Linux 2017.3 and performed a
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

But after Reboot, I have this issue:
Each time I plug / unplug / mount / unmount a device, my desktop "crashes". For example, when I plug a USB device, my desktop goes black & refreshes (fine why not), but when I unplug it, it closes my session (I have to enter user&pwd again)...
I noticed that, during the:
apt-get dist-upgrade
My screen went black for 2 seconds...

I tried to reinstall Kali several times (3x with 2017.3 & once with 2017.2) but it does change anything.
Do you have any idea? What updated package can, possibly, makes it happen (can I delete it?)? Can I download a Up to date version of Kali Linux that can help me getting over this issue?

Thank you.

(Sorry for my bad English)

martimarti
2018-01-30, 07:44
Hello,

"Fresh install" means that you installed it from scratch NOT updated/upgraded it. It is common to have issues after upgrading to newer OS version via update/upgrade commands. Had that myself. That's why I always install it from scratch meaning:
- create a partition with desired GB for Kali
- insert USB/CD/DVD
- install & enjoy

I have tried update/upgrade and sometimes it worked but every time it didn't, always performed brand new/fresh/from scratch install and it works like a charm.

Hope I helped.

AnipTiK
2018-02-06, 11:12
Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I will keep the lastest stable version without upgrading it. It should decently work as it is supposed to be a fully-working version.

Maybe I will be able to upgrade the next release :)

Thanks again.