PDA

View Full Version : Kali will not load after fresh install

joshjtd
2018-02-19, 19:30
So I did a dual boot of Kali and Windows 10. I did the partitions manually to make sure the UEFI boot would work. No errors during the installation. I get to the grub screen where I can select Kali to boot. It loads a screen that says:

Loading Kali ...
Loading initial ramdisk ...

Then it just sits. I have tried removing quiet from the boot command arguments and I have also tried the nomodeset quiet splash and I cannot get any error message to display. I should also note that I can boot into Windows 10 just fine. I installed the 64 bit version of Kali as my computer is 64 bit capable. I am able to boot live via USB with no problem, just the installed version. I have also tried reinstalling and get the same issue.

I have Googled the issue and cannot get a solution. Any other suggestions or something I am missing?

orca
2018-09-28, 08:06
So I did a dual boot of Kali and Windows 10. I did the partitions manually to make sure the UEFI boot would work. No errors during the installation. I get to the grub screen where I can select Kali to boot. It loads a screen that says:

Loading Kali ...
Loading initial ramdisk ...

Then it just sits. I have tried removing quiet from the boot command arguments and I have also tried the nomodeset quiet splash and I cannot get any error message to display. I should also note that I can boot into Windows 10 just fine. I installed the 64 bit version of Kali as my computer is 64 bit capable. I am able to boot live via USB with no problem, just the installed version. I have also tried reinstalling and get the same issue.

I have Googled the issue and cannot get a solution. Any other suggestions or something I am missing?
Did you ever get any help on this? I have the the same problem. Boots OK into live, but not when I install it.