PDA

View Full Version : Kali Install - Text Scrambled/Unreadable

Joshuam08
2018-03-07, 02:51
Hi all,

I'm having a little issue when I try to install Kali. I am able to live boot without issue, but as soon as I try to run the installer (standard or text install), the graphics basically become scrambled as per the attached screenshot. I'm guessing it may be due to a graphics driver issue, however my google'ing said I should set nomodeset in the boot options, which I did but it made no difference. There is every chance I added it incorrectly but I'd appreciate if someone could give me some advice.

I am using Kali 2018.1, 64bit. I am trying to install on an HP Folio 9470M which I believe runs Intel HD4000 for graphics. Attached a picture of the scrambling.2955

Thanks in advance!
J

grid
2018-03-07, 15:08
Odd that it will live boot without issue. And you don't see weird graphics there?

Joshuam08
2018-03-08, 05:06
Odd that it will live boot without issue. And you don't see weird graphics there?

No weirdness at all in the liveboot. I did work out a solution though, I had to enable Legacy Booting. As soon as I did that, I was able to install without an issue. No idea why it didn't work with UEFI.

grid
2018-03-12, 11:51
Oh, I see. Don't run Kali on a machine with UEFI but will keep your fix in mind. :)