PDA

View Full Version : Kali Linux USB With Persistence On Mac -Question

jpitz31
2018-03-19, 01:30
I have a 32 gig SanDisk Cruzer USB drive. I have used the Mac Linux USB Loader to setup the entire USB drive as a live boot of Kali.

I used the "Edit Enterprise Configuration File" to add the hostname=kali persistence

When I boot into Kali using the persistence option and look at GParted I have a mounted partition with the size of 29.82

The partition is mounted to /lib/live/mount/presistence/sdb1

When I open the Files-Other Locations utility I see a computer location, but this location only has 8.4 GB available.
There are no other locations listed.

How can I access the remaining space on the USB drive?

Other question.

When I access the root->Account Setting I see a message that indicates "Unlock to add a user account"
When I attempt to add a new user no user is added.

It appears that persistence is not setup properly.

How can I unlock or fix the persistence issue?

First time I have attempted to use a USB drive as a Live Boot.

Thanks

Joe

bigbiz
2018-03-19, 09:53
[QUOTE=jpitz31;78273]I have a 32 gig SanDisk Cruzer USB drive. I have used the Mac Linux USB Loader to setup the entire USB drive as a live boot of Kali.

I used the "Edit Enterprise Configuration File" to add the hostname=kali [I]persistence

When I boot into Kali using the persistence option and look at GParted I have a mounted partition with the size of 29.82

The partition is mounted to /lib/live/mount/presistence/sdb1

When I open the Files-Other Locations utility I see a computer location, but this location only has 8.4 GB available.
There are no other locations listed.

How can I access the remaining space on the USB drive?

Other question.

When I access the root->Account Setting I see a message that indicates "Unlock to add a user account"
When I attempt to add a new user no user is added.

It appears that persistence is not setup properly.

How can I unlock or fix the persistence issue?

First time I have attempted to use a USB drive as a Live Boot.

Thanks

Joe

#1 i think u answered it yourself gparted could expanded your existing partition to fill up the usb drive. Just remember to apply changes by editing tab in top corner left.
#2 kali only runs a root account, the tools in it need root permissions