PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Kali Linux ISO + AMD64

mr.jason.henry
2013-05-01, 14:28
I downloaded the Kali Linux ISO and amd64 via the Google Chrome web browser and couldn't get my downloads to work properly. Next, I manually deleted the downloads (Kali Linux ISO and amd64) and downloaded them again using the Internet Explorer web browser. While in the process of the re-downloading, I installled Win32 Disk Imager in order to burn the Kali Linux ISO and amd64 in to create a live cd/dvd. After both were finished re-downloading a single link of the Kali Linux ISO and amd64 was created on my desktop with an Internet Explorer icon. While trying to locate the Kali Linux ISO using the Win32 Disk Imager, it could not be located, but can be seen on desktop. Therefore, I am unable to burn the Kali Linux ISO to a CD/DVD because the file can't be located when searched with the Win32 Disk Imager. Your help in helping solving this matter would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm using an E-Machine computer and Windows 7 Home Premium is my Windows Edition that has a 64-bit Operating System.

Hopefully, this all the information that you need in order to help me solve this matter.

Thank You in Advance

daedalus1776
2013-05-02, 00:33
After both were finished re-downloading a single link of the Kali Linux ISO and amd64 was created on my desktop with an Internet Explorer icon.

Are you sure it is an ISO file?

And I'm a little thrown by "Kali Linux ISO and amd64"... You mean the 64 bit edition of Kali yeah? It sounds like you're downloading two files. Which shouldn't be the case. You're downloading from the Kali website yeah?

charonsecurity
2013-05-02, 01:44
Default location for downloads would be in the users folder for windows.. something like c:/users/(username)/Downloads., I would recommend try downloading using the torrent file with uTorrent. That way when its complete you just have to right click on the file and say 'open folder'. Will take you right to it.

otrail
2013-05-02, 03:28
Same story here. I downloaded the .iso using Chrome and saved the file to my downloads folder. I also was unable to locate the file using Win32 Diskimager, however I was able to click on the .iso file and select "open with" option to have Diskimager to open the file.

:rolleyes: