PDA

View Full Version : problem installing kali in a laptop with no Hardware Visualizations

biigii
2018-04-26, 20:30
hi guy,

i am trying to run Kali from within virtualbox on a linux host (mint). i know that my cpu does not offer hardware visualisation (vt-x) but i was under impression that i should be able to install and run a 32bit version of any os in virtualbox if hardware doesn't support vt-x. i have managed to successfully install windows xp 32bit and a test ubuntu 32bit os in the same environment but my kali installation always fail. i have tried both .iso method and .ova files. i am desperate to install kali within VB to avoid dual-booting. any suggestion would be really appreciated.

cheers

biigii

bigbiz
2018-04-27, 06:20
hi guy,

i am trying to run Kali from within virtualbox on a linux host (mint). i know that my cpu does not offer hardware visualisation (vt-x) but i was under impression that i should be able to install and run a 32bit version of any os in virtualbox if hardware doesn't support vt-x. i have managed to successfully install windows xp 32bit and a test ubuntu 32bit os in the same environment but my kali installation always fail. i have tried both .iso method and .ova files. i am desperate to install kali within VB to avoid dual-booting. any suggestion would be really appreciated.

cheers

biigii

When choosing type of os to install what did you choose Debian? If so try with OTHER OS option sometime that fixes it.