PDA

View Full Version : Laptop wont go past started update utmp about system runlevel changes after nvidia drivers

Hakanilbas
2018-04-29, 03:22
So usually to get into my linux environment i pressed e in grub and added this line to it "nouveau.modeset=0". My linux distro then started normally and i could login. If i didnt do this my laptop would get stuck in the same error message or on some error message with like user manager.

I got annoyed of doing this all the time so i decided to install the nvidia drivers. I entered these lines into the terminal: apt update && apt dist-upgrade -y && reboot

Followed by apt install -y ocl-icd-libopencl1 nvidia-driver nvidia-cuda-toolkit.

Then i rebooted my system without the nouveau.modeset=0 i used previously and it didnt work. Then i did it with it and it still wouldnt boot. I then.

I then followed this guide untill step 4 in recovery mode https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?35748-TUTORIAL-Installing-official-NVIDIA-driver-in-Optimus-laptop

But it didnt help since i couldnt download the packages or something like that. It was unable to inatall it

So now i am basically stuck. I have some important homework files on it which i worked on for hours. So please can someone help me fix it. My laptop is an Asus ROG GL553VD, 7700HQ & 1050.