PDA

View Full Version : Live persistent Kali - a start job is running for live-config contains...

Aideux
2018-06-22, 15:51
I have been trying for hours to figure out why I am unable to live persistent boot kali from my USB. Every time I try to boot, it runs for a little bit, and then gets stopped by the line stating:
a start job is running for live-config contains the components that configure a live system during the boot process (late userspace). (x:xx/no limit)which runs infinitely.
Here's what I have tried thus far:

1. Imaging using Win32DiskImager
2. Re-imaging using Rufus
3. Appending GRUB settings' "Linux" line with "nouveau.modeset=0" (resulted in blank screen)
4. Appending GRUB settings' "Linux" line with "nomodeset" (resulted in blank screen)
5. Changing BIOS boot order so that the kali USB is before internal HDD
6. Attempting to enable some sort of legacy or CSM boot option (could not find it without my BIOS)
7. Attempted to boot from a different laptop (specs below), which worked without having to edit any settings.

Here're my specs (laptop I want to work, but doesn't):

Windows 10
GTX 1060 6gb
i7 700HQ 2.80gh
16gb RM

Alternate machine specs (laptop that does work):

Windows 7
Intel HD Graphics 520
i5 6300U 2.4ghz
8gb RAM

Any idea how to fix this? I'm getting super frustrated, especially since this is the first USB I've ever tried booting from, and it’s not working on the laptop I want it to, so I'm really unsure as to how to troubleshoot this.

Aideux
2018-06-25, 21:07
Okay, I am fairly certain that this is because of an incompatibility with my nvidia GPU. Does anyone know the correct driver to install (I can do it from another computer) that would give me access to use the laptop I would like? Thank you!

ToySldr
2018-08-25, 10:22
I am having the EXACT same issue. Were you able to able to boot into the live non-persistent option?