PDA

View Full Version : Vm doesnt connect to wifi while host is using wifi?

kenny_
2018-07-02, 19:20
Hi im a beginner, and this may be the simplest of problems, but i cannot figure out how to fix it.
I have kali linux on virtual box and am using a wifi adapter to connect to my wifi, but it is constantly loosing connection, it sometimes works and sometimes does not.

Host- Windows 10 64bit
vm- virtual box version 5.2.12
adapter- Panda Wireless PAU06
kali linux rolling 2018.2-vbox-amd64

bigbiz
2018-07-03, 00:51
Hi im a beginner, and this may be the simplest of problems, but i cannot figure out how to fix it.
I have kali linux on virtual box and am using a wifi adapter to connect to my wifi, but it only connects for a few seconds then looses connection while my host is connected to my wifi. However if my host is disconnected the adapter connects fine and does not have any issues.
My host is also defiantly using its internal wifi card and not the adapter.

Host- Windows 10 64bit
vm- virtual box version 5.2.12
adapter- Panda Wireless PAU06
kali linux rolling 2018.2-vbox-amd64

At the VM download page you forgot to download and install extentions package. This will allow you to use a wifi adapter within VM. Dont forget to install it with VM package manager. Important!!!

kenny_
2018-07-03, 19:40
So you were correct that i hadn't installed the extension package, yet it has unfortunately made no difference with the problem.
It started working for a time before as usual but I've realized it has nothing to do with my host connection as previously thought. It seems to just randomly work sometimes and sometimes not :/?
I tested the adapter with the host and it functions well with it, so it shouldn't be faulty.

stark2210
2018-07-04, 02:26
At the VM download page you forgot to download and install extentions package. This will allow you to use a wifi adapter within VM. Dont forget to install it with VM package manager. Important!!!
Thanks for the note

bigbiz
2018-07-05, 01:13
Thanks for the note

Ok! I started learning linux with virtualbox and ubuntu. That was a large problem i had and this solved it. VM sounds the sameway.