PDA

View Full Version : I Cant Boot Kali From USB

s3lcuk
2018-07-24, 11:05
Hello.
I have an USB disk that has kali installed. Ive tried booting it on a Lenovo and a Sony laptop, they both worked. But my desktop with msi z97 pc mate motherboard cant boot it.
When i try to boot and start the system, it drops into BusyBox shell and this appears on the screen:

(initramfs) Unknown file system type on /dev/loop0 (/live/medium/live/filesystem.squashfs)
Ive tried booting it on legacy mode and disabling the fast boot but they both didnt work. Anyone has an idea how to solve this? Thanks.

bigbiz
2018-07-25, 02:00
Hello.
I have an USB disk that has kali installed. Ive tried booting it on a Lenovo and a Sony laptop, they both worked. But my desktop with msi z97 pc mate motherboard cant boot it.
When i try to boot and start the system, it drops into BusyBox shell and this appears on the screen:

(initramfs) Unknown file system type on /dev/loop0 (/live/medium/live/filesystem.squashfs)
Ive tried booting it on legacy mode and disabling the fast boot but they both didnt work. Anyone has an idea how to solve this? Thanks.

Is it a 64 bit boot image. Just crosscheck make surE.

s3lcuk
2018-07-25, 09:03
Is it a 64 bit boot image. Just crosscheck make surE.

Yes it is. Also ive managed to run it for one time, then it broke again. I dont know what triggers it to work.

undersc0re
2018-07-26, 04:14
Does it have an nvidia graphics card? Some people had issues with those booting up.

s3lcuk
2018-07-27, 19:50
Does it have an nvidia graphics card? Some people had issues with those booting up.

yes im using an nvidia gpu. what should i do about it?

sup95
2018-09-13, 10:49
I've solved using the integrated one (Intel HD Graphics) because I don't use the nVidia GPU in Kali. The issue I think is caused by a conflict with nouveau. If you need to disable nVdia to use only HD Graphics ask me :)