PDA

View Full Version : Can't pass the mount and/or load files from cdrom instalation process.

AlwaysInTrouble
2018-09-10, 08:35
I'm using a bootebale USB with Kali Linux Kde 64 Bit 2018.3 on a 16gb Toshiba Pendrive.
I made the live booteable unit using the lastest version of the Universal USB Instaler software.
I can run the live CD without problem from the USB. When i try to install it directly on the computer, is asking me for a CDROM.

I search around the web and tryied the next:
Open the terminal. ALT + F2.
List my USB device. BLKID.
Make a CDROM folder. MKDIR /CDROM.
Mount the USB on the CDROM folder. MOUNT -T VFAT /DEV/SDBX /CDROM.
Check the files inside the /CDROM folder. CD /CDROM. LS.
Back to the Interfaz. CONTROL+ALT+F1/F5
Try to dectect the CDROM again. Plugout wait and plugin the Pendrive several times.

Nothing worked so i decided to use other software to make the Booteable USB.
I used latest version of RUFUS and repeat all the process.
Still having problems on the Mount/Load files from CDROM step.

What i want is to install Kali Linux Distro on my HardDriveDisk using a booteable USB, becuse i have no way to burn a CDROM.
Is there any log file what i can check to post it?. Thank's for your time.

bigbiz
2018-09-17, 02:10
I'm using a bootebale USB with Kali Linux Kde 64 Bit 2018.3 on a 16gb Toshiba Pendrive.
I made the live booteable unit using the lastest version of the Universal USB Instaler software.
I can run the live CD without problem from the USB. When i try to install it directly on the computer, is asking me for a CDROM.

I search around the web and tryied the next:
Open the terminal. ALT + F2.
List my USB device. BLKID.
Make a CDROM folder. MKDIR /CDROM.
Mount the USB on the CDROM folder. MOUNT -T VFAT /DEV/SDBX /CDROM.
Check the files inside the /CDROM folder. CD /CDROM. LS.
Back to the Interfaz. CONTROL+ALT+F1/F5
Try to dectect the CDROM again. Plugout wait and plugin the Pendrive several times.

Nothing worked so i decided to use other software to make the Booteable USB.
I used latest version of RUFUS and repeat all the process.
Still having problems on the Mount/Load files from CDROM step.

What i want is to install Kali Linux Distro on my HardDriveDisk using a booteable USB, becuse i have no way to burn a CDROM.
Is there any log file what i can check to post it?. Thank's for your time.

https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?41724-Kali-Linux-installer-crashes-after-installing-then-fails-to-boot-create-boot-option
Use dd

Acheron-Apokalyptos666
2018-11-23, 19:42
I Have the Same Problem. However, my system, Dell Latitude 3590, running Windows 10 Home, will pass the "detect and mount CD-ROM" step but will return and error at the next step. it Says that it is an invalid Kali Linux CD. I am trying to install from a 16 GB USB that was made using Rufus 3.3. I followed all the steps for making it with rufus as outlined in the kali Linux docs for rufus. any advice?

bigbiz
2018-11-24, 05:49
I Have the Same Problem. However, my system, Dell Latitude 3590, running Windows 10 Home, will pass the "detect and mount CD-ROM" step but will return and error at the next step. it Says that it is an invalid Kali Linux CD. I am trying to install from a 16 GB USB that was made using Rufus 3.3. I followed all the steps for making it with rufus as outlined in the kali Linux docs for rufus. any advice?

Make one imageburn.com