PDA

View Full Version : No copy paste (lxde)

DeRoB
2018-09-16, 07:47
After installing kali 2018 v3 lxde > dist upgrading to 4.17.0-KLALI3-amd 64
copy paste seems not to function > right mouse click copy, paste > Ctrl C , V > mouse select, middle click... no luck.
tried (firefox, leafpad,tested different terminals... nothing works)
i removed, mouse,keyboard, and other usb hardware that could be conflicting, and tested it with other hardware...nothing works.
It seems when i try to select text the focus disappears immaturely.
Is there a CLI command to check, conflicting hard/software that steals my focus?

Imagine, Linux without the middle mouse copy function, is like using M$ windows without mouse, keyboard, touchscreen and bugs for me :)

(btw i don't like other desktops)

DeRoB
2018-09-16, 15:47
After installing kali 2018 v3 lxde > dist upgrading to 4.17.0-KLALI3-amd 64
copy paste seems not to function > right mouse click copy, paste > Ctrl C , V > mouse select, middle click... no luck.
tried (firefox, leafpad,tested different terminals... nothing works)
i removed, mouse,keyboard, and other usb hardware that could be conflicting, and tested it with other hardware...nothing works.
It seems when i try to select text the focus disappears immaturely.
Is there a CLI command to check, conflicting hard/software that steals my focus?

Imagine, Linux without the middle mouse copy function, is like using M$ windows without mouse, keyboard, touchscreen and bugs for me :)

(btw i don't like other desktops)

Found the soution. Just disable or uninstall the clipit app.
To the makers from the Kali Lxde desktop, remove clipit and wicd ( use for example network manager) just an hint ;)

rootadmin
2018-09-21, 13:52
thanks for you solutions

kasinathps
2018-09-21, 14:35
actually clip it has a inbuilt history manager. It purges the clipboard history in 1 second by default.Change it to more time or disable it in the clipit preferences... Hoilaa:)

I prefer fixing than removing..I suppose Thats what linux is meant to be..