PDA

View Full Version : I need help properly figuring out the issue with my Kali Linux live USB.

Desperate User
2018-10-30, 21:24
It's tough to go into deep detail about my issue because I'm just starting to get into this sort of thing but this is the best way I can describe it. I followed a walkthrough in order to install Kali Linux on a usb drive so I can plug it into my computer and use it. Unfortunately according to a similar thread since my laptop has Nvidia or some graphics card I think this error continuously pops up during the loading sequence when I pick to boot from usb on Kali live. "A startup running for live-config contains the components etc" It didn't make any sense to me so I listened to the thread which is here "https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?37982-A-start-job-is-running-for-live-config-contains-Problem"
I followed the instructions to the point where I replace "splash" with "nouveau.modset=0" but when I do and boot it up it has the exact same error. Am I doing something wrong? I'm hoping it's some small dumb detail that I just failed to notice but I figured you guys are my best chance at help. Btw my computer specs are as follows, MSI GS63 Stealth with an H series GEN CPU, a GEFORCE GTX1050, and an Intel core i7.

bigbiz
2018-11-01, 00:56
It's tough to go into deep detail about my issue because I'm just starting to get into this sort of thing but this is the best way I can describe it. I followed a walkthrough in order to install Kali Linux on a usb drive so I can plug it into my computer and use it. Unfortunately according to a similar thread since my laptop has Nvidia or some graphics card I think this error continuously pops up during the loading sequence when I pick to boot from usb on Kali live. "A startup running for live-config contains the components etc" It didn't make any sense to me so I listened to the thread which is here "https://forums.kali.org/showthread.php?37982-A-start-job-is-running-for-live-config-contains-Problem"
I followed the instructions to the point where I replace "splash" with "nouveau.modset=0" but when I do and boot it up it has the exact same error. Am I doing something wrong? I'm hoping it's some small dumb detail that I just failed to notice but I figured you guys are my best chance at help. Btw my computer specs are as follows, MSI GS63 Stealth with an H series GEN CPU, a GEFORCE GTX1050, and an Intel core i7.

Check your drive again because it is only boot live probly just reset back to original settings