PDA

View Full Version : COMPLETE Newb

SW_PG_WM
2019-11-17, 05:08
I just downloaded kali and wireshark tonight. Complete newb to all this & relatively new to I.T.
After installing on Windows via virtualbox, I did an update on Fern WiFi and now I?m getting a error about not having Python 3. I DO have Py3 on my Windows, as I?ve been learning it on the side. But I realize that doesn?t mean it?s on the virtual machine/boxer. that hosts Linux. How do I fix this error? Please remember., I?m a newb.

Robertde12e
2019-12-03, 02:21
You need to install python3. Good luck with Fern all I could ever get it to do was search for targets perpetually.
Learn aircrack-ng.
Since you said your new wireshark and kali are probably going to let you down.
Unless you have access to the network password and if the target isnt using https or what not you are going to see a lot of things that dont amount to anything.
Also using kali on windows is a pain and I could never get anything with the wifi to work right, just install it to a USB Google install kali live USB devanswers just like written no space between dev and answers. Use universal USB installer not Rufus you'll be up and running.
Wireshark I want to go back to that. It's not something that works like listening to a phone call, if you get lucky and their is something unencrypted you have to find it. Look up how to use filters with wireshark. And if you where expecting to install kali put your card into monitor mode turn on wireshark and start reading packets it doesnt work that way. It doesnt just pull the packets out of the air and you can read them is what I'm saying. Check out the wireshark wiki.
To read anything you need to strip the encryption but sslstrip doesnt really work anymore so you have to redirect to http and that's not so easy. It's all a lot of work and doesnt work out 100% you may not get anything for weeks or months then you might get lucky and get a sentence or a word. Until you really know what your doing and move beyond scripts.
I'm just explaining because you said new and it sounds like you where expecting something your just not going to get.
If you still want to try read wiresharks wiki and learn aircrack-ng and social engineering. Asking questions most times wont get you any answers is another thing and if you get one its usually if you have to ask you shouldn't be using kali. They dont know how to use it that's why they say that if they did they would answer you.
Start at the bottom read the books build from there.
Cracking wifi in most cases is a huge waste if time learn the social engineering it's harder but it's faster with a far far far better success rate.
The wifi though never use your own use public wifi or something like that think creatively.
Dont get discouraged dont let anyone get to you just keep banging away you'll get it.
Watch what you ask too how to get something to work is ok but dont say why. No one is going to say ok heres how to commit a felony, I have and I keep getting banned in places but that's me.
No one is going to post the good stuff though in places like this it would get patched so if you do find something dont share it.