PDA

View Full Version : Bios Menu got locked

mohamedrani
2019-11-26, 03:17
Hey guys,

a weird situation i'm facing and i don't even find it logical
i installed kali linux a while ago stand alone on my Lenovo G580, no other OS beside it,
it worked fine but i had to give it to my wife, so i tried to install windows again , i'm always using USB for booting
when i start the laptop, it always says " press F2 to enter bios" "press F12" to enter boot menu"
they disappeared completely and only have the lenovo logo on the screen and even when i try to press them , nothing happens and it stared Kali
i took the HD out of the laptop and formatted it on another laptop using as USB external , formatted and everything went fine, but even when i inserted it again on the old laptop, the " press F2 to enter bios" "press F12" to enter boot menu" still not seen , on G580 there's a button near the power button can be pressed to start the laptop and shows automatically the boot menu, but all the options not working, just getting me to the OS

i know that the OS doesn't effect the bios and so on , but that's the case i got , and my new Laptop which is also lenovo, when i installed Kali on it, it did the same thing and i got locked out the bios settings
i tired to remove the internal battery for a while and so on, but nothing happened , tried to flash the ROM , but it keeps getting error and can't be flashed
any ideas guys ?

thanks in advance