PDA

View Full Version : File Manager Broswe Network

Palcooky72
2019-12-15, 16:03
Hi I am looking for advice on how to add my network share to this new kali 2019.4 old way simple click network type in the smb://share location add username and password click save and it was that simple.

On this new kali when i click on Broswe Network in the file manager its just a pop up which says "Failed to open "/ on". The specified location is not supported"

I have not added any location or searched just this message. I know I can mount using the mount command but you know when your used to doing things your way on each VM you install.

Advice would be great as im spending more time in setting things up than getting going which used to be easy with kali.

Also while im here how to set the time? The UI has a mind off its own.

I have tried: date --set="20191215 16:41"
I have tried: timedatectl set-time 16:41:00

both work for a moment but then it just updates to the wrong time:

Thank you.

Palcooky72
2019-12-17, 00:25
On this new kali when i click on Broswe Network in the file manager its just a pop up which says "Failed to open "/ on". The specified location is not supported"

Wow ok figured it out but had to wait an amazing amount of time for the post to be published.

It seems missing packages unfortunately I installed both so not sure which one was required iv added it to my things i need to to manually list:

Requirements for Share:
apt-get install gvfs-backend
or
apt-get install gvfs-fuse

The time thing is still outstanding though :-(