PDA

View Full Version : Need help with getting kali to read files from my windwos pc

Ultra Plankton
2020-01-06, 13:57
So I have a few tools that require me to use txt files from my desktop on my windows pc. I'm running the windows store version and anytime I write out a path where a file is it says theres no file there check my folder path. I have tried several different ways including dragging the file. renaming it. and copy pasting the path into the terminal window. Am I doing something wrong I don't get it any help would help a lot.
Thanks
Ultra Plankton

Robertde12e
2020-01-13, 18:50
I tried recreating your problem I transferred several different file types to Kali via USB and they all opened, the only time I ever had sort of your problem was going from kali to windows I had to add .text
They should just open there shouldn't be any issue. If your trying to do it from within the system just try the USB see how that works if that doesn't work either then something broke I dont bother trying to fix broke I back up and reinstall kali to many weird things can go wrong and you can spend days trying to figure it out without finding an answer. My first month with Kali I spent more time fixing than working apparently something I did or the install itself was the problem reinstalled didnt have a problem for months until I installed wifi pumpkin and it wrecked my wifi after that I just reinstall it's been years and I spend less time fixing due to that.
Plus word of advice build your own toolkit most of this stuff isnt working so great anymore.

Craw
2020-01-16, 22:04
I think we need more information on your setup and how you're trying to access the files.

Are you running Kali in a VM? Or a USB stick like Robertde12e? Or do you have it dual-booted?