PDA

View Full Version : Kali random freezes/crashes

CoolJ
2020-01-31, 18:33
I posted here a few weeks ago but got no responses. I'm still having issues, but have been busy with school so it wasn't a big deal. Basically, every time I use Kali, it's only a matter of time until it crashes/freezes. Not sure which word is better to describe it, but basically what happens every time is I'll be doing something, whether it's bash command line, using firefox, reading txt documents, etc; and the screen will go black. My PC is still on, because all of my fans keep running and my LEDs stay on, but the screen is completely black and no noise comes out either. It continues like this indefinitely, until I manually shut off the PC and turn it back on again. For reference, I have two hard drives in my system. A 1 tb wd blue that has a copy of windows 10, and a 500 gb sandisk ssd that has my copy of Kali. It has acted this way since it's been installed. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and it did nothing to fix the issue. I even tried re-downloading Kali and making a new boot media on my USB, thinking maybe that was the problem. Re-installing that fresh version also did nothing to fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Split
2020-06-12, 14:25
I have the similiar issue as above but I do not get the black screen instead it just freeze and it is random no matter what I do... maybe it is from driver of my graphic card... I will check that