Vitkolker
2020-02-14, 17:56
Usb hid attacks not working for mi
Oneplus 7
Hid interface not enabled or something wrone with the permission

re4son
2020-02-26, 09:31
HID is still work in progress.
Having said that, we've just had a breakthrough and are in need of betatesters before integrating the changes into the app.
Would you mind testing a new kernel package for us? Are you on Android 10?

Vitkolker
2020-02-26, 19:01
Yes, I'm on android 10. I can test a new kernel for you.

re4son
2020-02-26, 23:48
Yes, I'm on android 10. I can test a new kernel for you.

Awesome, thanks for helping out - you're a champ!

You only have to download the updated kernel package from here (https://build.nethunter.com/contributors/re4son/guacamole/kernel-nethunter-oneplus7-oos-ten-2020.2-rc31.zip) and install it in TWRP.
That'll re-enable the init.rc file which adds userspace usb gadget functions.

UPDATE 29/02/2020: the above link now points to the updated kernel package with rtl8812au/rtl8814au wifi injection support!

The gadget functions have to be enabled manually for now - we're about to add a menu to the nethunter app to do that.
To enable adb, mtp, and hid against windows targets, just run this in a root terminal session:

setprop sys.usb.config "win,mtp,hid,adb"

Your HID interfaces should now be active.

You probably want to create a custom command for that in the NetHunter app, e.g.:

setprop sys.usb.config "win,mtp,hid,adb", exit

The available modes on the OnePlus 7 are:

win,hid
win,hid,adb
win,hid,mass_storage
win,hid,mass_storage,adb
win,mass_storage
win,mass_storage,adb
win,mtp,hid
win,mtp,hid,adb
win,rndis
win,rndis,adb
win,rndis,hid
win,rndis,hid,adb
win,rndis,hid,mass_storage
win,rndis,hid,mass_storage,adb
win,rndis,mass_storage
win,rndis,mass_storage,adb
mac,ecm
mac,ecm,adb
mac,ecm,hid
mac,ecm,hid,adb
mac,ecm,hid,mass_storage
mac,ecm,hid,mass_storage,adb
mac,ecm,mass_storage
mac,ecm,mass_storage,adb
mac,hid
mac,hid,adb
mac,hid,mass_storage
mac,hid,mass_storage,adb
mac,mtp,hid
mac,mtp,hid,adb
mac,mass_storage
mac,mass_storage,adb

The difference between Windows and Mac are the device identifiers we use, i.e. we pretend to be an Apple keyboard when using "mac".

Vitkolker
2020-02-27, 19:23
I flash the kernel, runing the code in terminal in androidsu, correct me if I'm wrong, but this does not work for me.

re4son
2020-02-28, 00:18
I flash the kernel, runing the code in terminal in androidsu, correct me if I'm wrong, but this does not work for me.

Sorry for that. We found a bug in the anykernel installer. It didn't actually copy the new file across :rolleyes:
Would you mind trying this updated one?

https://build.nethunter.com/contributors/re4son/guacamole/kernel-nethunter-oneplus7-oos-ten-2020.2-rc31.zip

Update: I've also updated the link in the above post to point to the new kernel.

Thanks for helping with this Vitkolker. We much appreciate it.

Vitkolker
2020-02-28, 14:49
In this time it works.

Vitkolker
2020-02-28, 14:56
After runing a code.

re4son
2020-02-28, 22:24
Awesome. Thanks for testing.

We can now work on a menu for the NetHunter app so you won't have to type these commands anymore.

Vitkolker
2020-02-29, 06:42
Thank you for your work.

aaronouthier
2020-03-23, 04:41
Is this fix likely to be available to most of us eventually? Or are you just supporting Android 10?

re4son
2020-03-23, 15:19
Yes, it's going to be included in the 2020.2 release. Do you think we should release an image for Android 9? I was hoping we would only need 10 but I'm open to suggestions

aaronouthier
2020-03-23, 17:46
My 2 cents: Very few of your supported devices support Android 10 stock, and LineageOS 17 is still in the works - no stable images are available for any devices as of this writing. Most of your supported devices are on either Marshmallow or Oreo, etc., with a few supporting Pie by way of a custom ROM, such as LineageOS.

Certainly get 10 working and stable, but then consider adding to 9, and maybe even 8.1.

Furthermore, I must say that although I am adept at Linux, I'm not so experienced with Android stuff. If someone were able to create and maintain a table of what features and OS' work on which devices, it might help folks make a more informed decision as to what to buy when they consider running NetHunter.

re4son
2020-03-24, 02:13
Great point. This is supposed to be that list:

https://www.kali.org/docs/nethunter/#2-0-nethunter-lite-supported-devices-and-roms

And the downloads on this page are a subset of the above table that should cover the most popular devices:

https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-nethunter-download/

It's hard to maintain that table and any help is greatly appreciated.

re4son
2020-03-24, 03:25
Is this fix likely to be available to most of us eventually? Or are you just supporting Android 10?

I was only referring to the OnePlus 7 though. The other devices should all have HID support via kernel patches.