PDA

View Full Version : Wifite - Key is cracked, but "Optimizer Error" ?

miks9639
2020-02-14, 23:41
I'm running Kali on a stand alone laptop and having an issue with Wifite. When trying to crack a WPA password from a .cap file I get the warning message:

ESSID BSSID DATE TYPE KEY
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx xx:xx:xx:xx:xx 2020-02-14 11:35:54 WPA Key: the optimizer was unable to perform the requested transformation; the transformation might be disabled or specified as part of an unsupported transformation ordering
warning: /usr/share/hashcat/OpenCL/inc_cipher_aes.cl:850:15: loop not unrolled: the optimizer was unable to perform the requested transformation; the transformation might be disabled or specified as part of an unsupported transformation ordering
warning: /usr/share/hashcat/OpenCL/inc_cipher_aes.cl:1034:15: loop not unrolled: the optimizer was unable to perform the requested transformation; the transformation might be disabled or specified as part of an unsupported transformation ordering
warning: /usr/share/hashcat/OpenCL/inc_cipher_aes.cl:1097:15: loop not unrolled: the optimizer was unable to perform the requested transformation; the transformation might be disabled or specified as part of an unsupported transformation ordering

I deleted the associated cracked.txt and .cap file and ran Wifite again and got the same result. I've beat the net like it owed me $ and haven't seen anyone with the same problem. Anyone had this problem before ? Solution ? I just recently became interested in pin testing and am a noob with linux so bear with me and any advise/criticism would be greatly appreciated.

quilos
2020-03-17, 09:17
Same issue. Let me know if you find a solution