PDA

View Full Version : Trouble updating kali

Chloros
2020-04-04, 07:20
i have tried to update kali linux using different commands but this is what it shows:3935Also I'm unable to uninstall the /var/lib/apt/lists/lock because it is a directory.Also "sudo" commands are not working.
In case the image is not viewable ,this may help:

kali@kali:~$ apt update
Reading package lists... Done
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)

kali@kali:~$ apt-get update
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)

kali@kali:~$ apt-get upgrade
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?

kali@kali:~$ apt update

kali@kali:~$ apt update && apt upgrade

Please help me to remove these 4 problems.

master-mind
2020-04-13, 01:57
try to:
apt-get autoremove
apt-get remove
apt-get autoclean
apt-get clean

after that try to update your system..

cipherahmed
2020-06-14, 02:35
@maste-mind

try to do as per the your instructions but not working at all can please help us out to fix the issue asap....

cipherahmed
2020-06-14, 02:38
[QUOTE=master-mind;93141]try to:
apt-get autoremove
apt-get remove
apt-get autoclean
apt-get clean

@ Team :

this CLI command is not working can anyone help us out with the alternate solutions. ASAP....

jbwck
2020-06-17, 14:21
try to:
apt-get autoremove
apt-get remove
apt-get autoclean
apt-get clean

after that try to update your system..

i tried to install the vbox guest additions and after messing it up the first time i tried to use this to start over its stil shwing this error