PDA

View Full Version : How to Make the TL-WN722N and TL-WN725N in Monitor mode in kali (Virtual Box)

mohamdali0_0
2020-05-20, 18:58
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt install bc
sudo rmmod r8188eu.ko
git clone https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8188eus.git
cd rtl8188eus
sudo -i
echo "blacklist r8188eu.ko">"/etc/modprobe.d/realtek.conf"
exit
make
sudo make install
sudo modprobe 8188eu
sudo reboot

So this will install the driver

----------------------------------------------------------------------

To make the interface in the monitor mode after the rebooting:

sudo rmmod r8188eu.ko
sudo modprobe 8188eu

Now you need to remove and reconnect the USB from the VBox, so in the left up of the window click on (Devices) then click on the USB this will remove it, click again on it so it will reconnect the USB to the VBox

sudo ip link set wlan0 down
sudo airmon-ng check kill
sudo iw dev wlan0 set type monitor

This will make the interface (wlan0) as a Monitor Mode

To make sure

sudo iwconfig
This should show you the interface with (Mode:Monitor)

t00r
2020-06-09, 13:06
Wow Thank you very much, you solved my issue.

I have some questions though, do I have do go through all those commands to enable monitor mode?

Besides, I was trying pretty much the same commands as you, but when enabling monitor mode I used this order:

sudo airmon-ng check kill
sudo ip link set wlan0 down
sudo iw dev wlan0 set type monitor

Which displayed this error

command failed: No such device (-19)

What could be wrong with it?

mohamdali0_0
2020-07-07, 18:04
no you don't need to download and remake the driver any more.
you can start from the second block of code, and then remove the device and reinsert it, then run the third block of code, for me i make an alias as (mon1) that have the first code then i reinsert the device and the (mon2) alias that have the second code, this will make it alot easer.
actually your command work fine with me when i use linux as a host machine but when i use it in the VM this issues will happen

Kaliuser9898
2020-10-27, 15:29
you can start from the second block of code, and then remove the device and reinsert it, then run the third block of code, for me i make an alias as (mon1) that have the first code then i reinsert the device and the (mon2) alias that have the second code, this will make it alot easer.
actually your command work fine with me when i use linux as a host machine but when i use it in the VM this issues will happen

Im having the same issue, please help me
I followed all commands
After "sudo modprobe 8188eu"
Sys respond
Modprobe : FATAL : Module 8188eu not found in directory /lib/modules/5.7.0-kalil-amd64

I tried various methods for monitor mode, but i couldn't
I'm using kali linux 2020
Wifi card TL-WN72N

Porrisbar
2021-01-22, 04:37
Hi, this post is a few months old, I hope you can help me.
I'm following al the steps but when I try to do "make" I get this error.

make ARCH=x86_64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/5.9.0-kali1-amd64/build M=/home/mariano/rtl8188eus modules
make[1]: *** /lib/modules/5.9.0-kali1-amd64/build: No existe el fichero o el directorio. Alto.
make: *** [Makefile:2059: modules] Error 2

Drex
2021-04-20, 07:53

sudo rmmod r8188eu.ko shows
rmmod: ERROR: Module r8188eu is not currently loaded
plz help

Dory
2021-06-05, 18:47
I get the same error with TP-Link WN725N. Please help..

┌──(root@kali)-[~/rtl8188eus]
└─# make
cut: /etc/redhat-release: No such file or directory
make ARCH=x86_64 CROSS_COMPILE= -C /lib/modules/5.10.0-kali8-amd64/build M=/root/rtl8188eus modules
make[1]: *** /lib/modules/5.10.0-kali8-amd64/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: *** [Makefile:2062: modules] Error 2

└─# sudo make install
cut: /etc/redhat-release: No such file or directory
install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/5.10.0-kali8-amd64/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/
install: cannot stat '8188eu.ko': No such file or directory
make: *** [Makefile:2068: install] Error 1

└─# sudo modprobe 8188eu
modprobe: FATAL: Module 8188eu not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.0-kali8-amd64