PDA

View Full Version : dpkg returned errror in .bin file

borishguy
2020-06-12, 03:43
hi newbie here.

I have been attempting to install a driver for my Radeon RX Vega 10 video card. I in a most amateur fashion followed debian instructions that seemed to work on Kali. I installed amdgpu-core amdgpu-dkms.firmware and then amdgpu-dkms.
After force all installing the amdgpu-dkms debian file. I ran into dpkg errors. The debian website instructed to configure that file, but before i could learn to do that, i removed the installed file. What remained ultimately causes an error in dpkg, specifically the bin folder for everything i do. Is there a way to reinstall those forgive me if im wrong but dependencies or predependencies? I would like to reinstall and attempt to configure that dkms debian file so that the Radeon RX Vega 10 graphics doesnt pixelate. I was told that Kali is extremely advanced but I cant help but want to first restore the OS, and secondly fix the video graphics, so that maybe I can take a Java course or reinstall Manjaro. Once again, can you restore the original system. Also, after installing kmix the sound worked. Now it does not. This might require a full reinstall.

Thank you,