PDA

View Full Version : How connect wlan1 to wifi?

Kennye
2020-07-11, 10:20
Hello, help me: is it possible to use an external usb wifi adapter (wlan1) to connect to a wifi network in nethunter? When I connect via Kex to the Kali desktop and move the mouse to the network manager - it is not active and writes networking disabled ... I tried reinstalling it, but it did not work. Why do I need this? - When using the internal wlan0 (native android adapter), I can connect and perform the necessary research on wifi networks without problems, but I think that if you connect via an external more powerful adapter there will be more available access points over long distances), followed by nmap, metasploit , well, then you know))

aaronouthier
2020-09-03, 09:57
Try this:

echo “ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant” > /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
wpa_passphrase “your-ssid-or-network-name” >> /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
wpa_supplicant -Dnl80211 -iwlan1 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B

Note: Be sure to substitute your actual SSID for the obvious placeholder in the second line. Also, after running the second line, you will get a blank blinking cursor. Type your network password/encryption key at that prompt. You may optionally edit the /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file, and remove the lines that start with a # symbol. They are just notes, and aren?t needed to connect.

I hope that helps.

aaronouthier
2020-09-03, 14:13
Okay, so I just tried the above code on my Nexus 6p. Looks like I forgot a step.

dhclient wlan1

that last step will get you an IP address

aaronouthier
2020-09-04, 17:46
Did that work for you @kennye ?