PDA

View Full Version : Nautilus slowness

cixtor
2013-03-23, 22:40
GNOME nautilus 3.4.2 too slow.
Computer specifications: Aspire One 722; AMD Dual-Core C60 1.333 GHZ; 4 GB DDR3 Memory; 500 GB HDD; 1366x768 Resolution
Kernel version: Linux 3.7-trunk-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.7.2-0+kali6 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Kali version: Debian GNU/Linux Kali Linux 1.0

Before to try Kali I was a good friend of BackTrack until the Version-5 Release-3; trying to improve my experience using that OS I've decided to override it with Kali-1.0;

Taking the experience working with BackTrack on the two last laptops like this, I was very carefully specially with the display, resolution, wireless driver and the audio driver; curiously this version of Debian (and surely the performance made by Kali developers) helped so much and all the problems I had with BackTrack was fixed without extra packages after the original installation.

Unfortunately the problem described above is present everytime I use this new Linux distribution, please take a look and try to fix it if you can.
Thanks so much Offensive Security, I will this new project as well.

reaperz73
2013-05-10, 06:06
from what I have read this is not a Kali issue but a Nautilus issue.
It has been fixed in newer versions of nautils ie nautilus 3.6 and 3.8 but has not been added to the stable repos yet
if you go to terminal and type

nautilus /root
you will see nautilus opens fast.

update!!!! Here is a work around.

nano /usr/share/applications/nautilus.desktop
change
StartupNotify=true
to
StartupNotify=false

Welcome back speedy Nautilus

opal
2014-01-16, 15:09