PDA

View Full Version : Please help with dual boot installation

PRIJU
2020-09-01, 15:57
Hi all.

when I try to install kali linux it gives me the following error: there was a failure when processing preconfiguration file,the installer could not process the preseed file from file: ///cdrom/simple-cdd/-default.pressed. It is possible that the file is corrupted.That is the error it gives me, I am trying to install it from a usb in dual boot
when I try to install kali linux it gives me the following error: there was a failure when processing preconfiguration file,the installer could not process the preseed file from file: ///cdrom/simple-cdd/-default.pressed. It is possible that the file is corrupted.That is the error it gives me, I am trying to install it from a usb in dual boot

_defalt
2020-09-09, 12:51
Use rufus to create bootable USB and choose DD mode when you press the start button.

dark_bird_508
2021-04-10, 03:33
Hi there _defalt It would be great if you could help me. Im trying to dual boot kali linux with windows. I used rufus 3.13.1730 to create a bootable usb with kali linux 32 bit installer iso image. It does not ask me if I want to select DD mode. When I searched online I found that a hybrid ISO is required for that to happen. But I couldn't find the appropriate iso. It would be very helpful if you could link the official correct iso. Thank You