PDA

View Full Version : Kali 2020.3 wont let me log in

Connor99
2020-09-15, 04:00
Im using a live USB and it boots normally but once i get to the login screen nothing works. I've searched all of the KALI forums and tried every default login in the book (kali+kali, kali+root, root+toor) PLEASE HELP!!!

th0n1
2020-09-19, 19:03
kali tab kali worked for me!

Sha256Man
2020-09-20, 20:06
Hello,
I had a similar problem, in my case it was caused by the live-boot system setting the credentials for the kali session before booting. I had a multiboot-usb setup and the grub entry for the kali iso was:
linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz-*-amd64 findiso=${isofile} boot=live components splash username=root hostname=kali
I had to remove the username and hostname parameters, I was able to boot afterwards with no problem.
I hope that can help.

jimsmiths
2020-10-10, 08:02
Im using a live USB and it boots normally but once i get to the login screen nothing works. I've searched all of the KALI forums and tried every default login in the book (kali+kali, kali+root, root+toor) christmas cactus (https://expertplantman.com/best-pots-for-christmas-cactus) PLEASE HELP!!!
After entering our username and password, instead of log us in, Kali Linux keeps ... sudo apt update sudo apt install kali-desktop-gnome ... ?The current guest configuration does not support taking new snapshots? Error on Proxmox VE ... How to: Make grep show content before and after the matched search ...

david_dummy
2020-10-24, 09:43
Did you ever figure this out? I am having a similar issue and can not log in to either root or user. Just keeps on asking after boot. I know my user and pass too. So it is not that.