PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Load System Files

quam
2013-05-09, 20:49
Hey guys sorry if this post is going to be toxic but im really angry as i've been trying to install this distro for over 2 days now and wasted 5 dvd's so far.
I'm trying to install Kali on my laptop:
Asus R704VD
i3-2350M @ 2.3GHz
4gb ram
Windows 7 64bit Home Edition ( Always updated legit version)
HDD 500gb
Im getting the same freaking problem every single time that the installation is unable to load System Files, when i check the integrity of the dvd's it always says that the checksum md5 is wrong.
I checked the checksum provided on your webpage,in the txt torrent file and its all the same. I burned the dvd's with 2 different programs. The windows burning utility and nero.
The way i do the installation:
Download the ISO, burn it.
Turn off the computer go to bios set up booting
Go make partitions and set up everything and when the installer starts loading the files it just doesnt simply work...
The Live distro works perfect i can connect to internet and all and everything but i just cant install it on my freaking harddrive ..
I've tried the 32 bit from website/torrent and the 64 from torrent and from the website.
Still nothing, if i wont find help here i guess im going to give up on this OS :/ which is a pity because i really wanted to learn some pentesting from linux side.
Regards,
Quam

brav0hax
2013-05-10, 06:38
Quam,

I cannot of course be sure of the issue. But try these steps:
1. Download ISO
2. Check SHA1 sum of ISO file downloaded against the SHA1 on the Kali.org download page. ***SHA1 NOT MD5***
3. Burn the DVD at the slowest rate possible (Sometimes this is a media issue and slowing it down can actually help)
4. Ensure you are giving it a partition of greater than 10GB (You didn't mention partition size in your post)

If you get to step 2 and the sums don't match, you already have an issue an no need to go onto step 3 until that is resolved.

Best Regards,
Eric

charonsecurity
2013-05-10, 07:08
Quam,
3. Burn the DVD at the slowest rate possible (Sometimes this is a media issue and slowing it down can actually help)

I agree with this point, I've seen this cure a lot of troubles. Also, it could be you have low quality DVDs? How about trying a USB install?

quam
2013-05-10, 10:36
I thiknk i forgot to write about it. I did check and the sha1 is check sum was always perfect on every single iso i downloaded. I allocate 100gb of free space for Kali and i click for guided partitioning using free space. Then i click for Kali to do the partitions for me ( each for /tmp , /home /etc). I will try to slow down the burning speed and i will try changing the method to just one single big partition.

maverik35
2013-05-10, 13:12
I thiknk i forgot to write about it. I did check and the sha1 is check sum was always perfect on every single iso i downloaded. I allocate 100gb of free space for Kali and i click for guided partitioning using free space. Then i click for Kali to do the partitions for me ( each for /tmp , /home /etc). I will try to slow down the burning speed and i will try changing the method to just one single big partition.

Do not use /usr as partition, just / and /home. The /tmp gets erased every time you boot, so no need to have it as separate partition.

It is not recommended to have a /usr partition. Try with / and /home.