PDA

View Full Version : problem with bluetooth scanner

Lancha
2013-05-10, 12:31
i can´t make scan with bluetooth is say no divices i have the bluetooth adpert install in kaly
this is the error

Opening the OUI database
Reading the OUI database
Finished reading the OUI database
No Bluetooth devices available

root-boy
2013-05-10, 14:56
What kind of bluetooth adapter are you using ?

Hitman
2013-05-10, 19:57
Bluetooth is disabled by default in Kali you have to enable it first

Lancha
2013-05-10, 20:11
i think not how i enable i try enable by graphical but i can´t

zimmaro
2013-05-11, 10:55
i think not how i enable i try enable by graphical but i can´t

hi:)lancha
I'm not expert, but I do it this way:
https://vimeo.com/65953098

charonsecurity
2013-05-11, 12:27
First I ran "rfkill list" to insure there were no blocks.

Two things I learned, Kali detects my bluetooth and there are no blocks in place. Good.
So I run the code, "/etc/init.d/bluetooth status" and got the output failed. So I then run the code, "/etc/init.d/bluetooth start" and got a response that bluetooth is now started.
However, I did not see the bluetooth icon I was expecting in the task manager.

So, "apt-get install bluetooth" this installed a bunch of packages that were missing. Still no icon, then I had to, "apt-get install bluedevil". Finally able to get the GUI Icon I've been looking for. From there I was able to find my Device (an android phone) and successfully pair with it. Unfortunately I was not able to send or receive files. The Syslog kept showing what errors, but nothing straight forward as how to repair or fix the situation. Had to use my good friend Google, Not exactly sure where I found the fix, (cause I looked at so many pages) but in short, this is what I had to do to get it working properly:

1. edit /etc/bluetooth/main.conf ---> and add
DisablePlugins=pnat to disable the plugin. (Apparently this has caused many problems for others, though not sure if it is necessary to add or not.)

2. in a terminal use the following commands:

touch /etc/bluetooth/link_key
chmod 644 /etc/bluetooth/link_key
/etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

After that did a reboot of the machine, and now bluetooth is working properly. From their I added it to the startup scripts (optional) as if not you will have to issue the command to start it manually.

Lancha
2013-05-13, 22:44
thanks continue the good works

brazen
2013-11-06, 19:39
i got the bluetoothd (thanks zimmaro) bluetooth now seems to be working. I am able to view a bluetooth device with the Bluetooth New Device Setup. but I am not able to get btscanner to work. Here is what I am getting.

root@kali:~# bluetoothd
root@kali:~# hciconfig
hci0: Type: BR/EDR Bus: USB
BD Address: B8:8D:12:30:6B:F3 ACL MTU: 1021:8 SCO MTU: 64:1
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:1289 acl:0 sco:0 events:51 errors:0
TX bytes:1194 acl:0 sco:0 commands:51 errors:0

root@kali:~# btscanner
Opening the OUI database
Reading the OUI database
Finished reading the OUI database
root@kali:~#

this is the video that I am following: http://vimeo.com/65953098 (again, thanks zimmaro)