PDA

View Full Version : Not automatically connect to wifi unless login -freshly installed Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2021.1

tonywithtony
2021-05-06, 07:19
Not automatically connect to wifi unless login -freshly installed Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2021.1
hi everyone,
I just freshly new installation on Pi4 with Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2021.1. everything smooth and fine.

the problem is that:
the pi can not automatically connect to wifi (without LAN cable plugin ) when the login screen shownup. So no ping to this device because no network connection established. If I manually login as a user then wifi is auto connected and showed in networkmanager icon.

If I plug in the LAN cable and startup, I can ping and SSH this PI sucessfully on boot without the need to login.

How can I make the Pi automatically connect to wifi once I plug in the power cable and then I can SSH this PI with wifi connection?

Sorry for my poor English. I have already added these scripts in /etc/network/interfaces

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp

Help is needed and I am grateful^_^

suntzu
2021-06-23, 06:48
have you tried to configured the wifi using nmtui (network manager)?

steev
2021-06-23, 15:54
Also make sure that the option to make the connection available to all users is checked in the connection options.