PDA

View Full Version : Reaver not loading saved sessions

Termios
2013-03-14, 00:39
In Backtrack 5 R3, Reaver saved sessions to /usr/local/etc/reaver. In Kali, it is saving them to wherever the calling console window was navigated to. Additionally, there was also a database file created in Backtrack 5 R3. In Kali, there does not appear to be a database file being created. The session file itself looks good; but, when I start reaver back up, it doesn't load the saved session. I also tried copying it to /usr/local/etc/reaver where Backtrack saved them; but, that didn't seem to help either.

Patrick
2013-03-14, 04:46
Have you tried removing Reaver and re-installing it and seeing if it fixed the issue??? Also, I did notice it was placed in WLAN Stress Testing instead of Wireless Tools within the applications menu. I'm gonna try Reaver out tomorrow to see if I can duplicate the issue... if I can duplicate it, i'll then proceed to fix it and bring it to the table.

Regards,

Patrick

boynep
2013-03-14, 07:40
What you could try is save the wpc file somewhere you know and then in reaver give command with --session <fileLocation> attribute. It should work.

wurmt0ngue
2013-03-14, 13:09
I cannot even get reaver to run at all, I tried wifite out last night, and using the -wps option (wash/reaver) it sees no network at all.

I use an alfa AWUS036H, and airodump-ng works fine. I can see all networks in the area.
As soon I try any WPS related things it just borks.

I even tried to uninistall reaver and reinstall it, however that operation borks when I go to ./configure

Termios
2013-03-14, 13:41
Tried removing and installing with apt-get. No change.

Tried --session <path to session file>. Also no change. Specifically, the command looked like this.
reaver --session /Home/Desktop/<bssid>.wpc -i mon0 -f -c 11 -b <bssid> -vv -x 60

Xiaopan OS
2013-03-15, 08:30
Perhaps you could install minidwep as a workaround and run it for Reaver. It creates it's own tmp directory for sessions. With WPA2 you can save handshakes and passwords through GUI prompts to wherever you like.

Proto-kali-linux
2013-03-19, 14:25
Just create a folder => etc/reaver

Termios
2013-03-19, 18:22
Ok, problem solved. I was looking at the same issue which someone put in the bug tracker for reaver. Using --session or -s does indeed solve the problem. Either something was funky when I tried it the first time or I wasn't observant about a different behavior. Reaver would ask if you wanted to restore the session in Backtrack 5 R3. In Kali, when using -s, it restores it without asking. Thanks for the help. Now to join the club on the wash issue...

ghimire-prashant1
2014-11-01, 07:19
I am still not finding where the sesson saves.
Also,"it is saving them to wherever the calling console window was navigated to" could you please tell me what it means

kewl
2014-12-19, 04:31
I am still not finding where the sesson saves.
Also,"it is saving them to wherever the calling console window was navigated to" could you please tell me what it means

Kali 1.0.9a stores the reaver session files in "/etc/reaver" directory.

mmusket33
2014-12-24, 02:05
Our team has had reports that non-kali users ie other linux distros were experiencing a no save problem with reaver until they updated their reaver. However:

You can force reaver to save sessions where you want. For example adding the following to the reaver command line:

--session=etc/reaver/55:44:33:22:11:00

will save a reaver file to the etc/reaver/ folder with the file name 55:44:33:22:11:00.wpc. Notice where the forward slashs are placed AND no .wpc is required. Reaver will append the file with the .wpc.

--session=55:44:33:22:11:00

will save a file named 55:44:33:22:11:00.wpc to root.

MTeams