PDA

View Full Version : Raspberry Pi Installation issue

wolfshot
2013-03-25, 23:31
When i get to the very first Graphical screen ("Welcome to the first start of the panel"), it has either frozen or my mouse and keyboard just stopped working. But I already did the login, so I don't see why the keyboard would stop working. Anyways, it just sits there, the mouse does not move, keyboard does nothing, and I am unable to continue with the installation on my raspberry pi. I have tried 3 different mouse, and the keyboard does work, but when I get to this page I cannot go any further. I am unsure what to do. And just now, after about 8 minutes of sitting at that screen, it has turned itself off (not the pi, just kali). It does not restart itself, unless I unplug computer and turn back on. I am now sure that it has frozen. I installed kali onto an SD card to put into my Pi, and the beginning text load appears to load just fine, it even asks for user and pass and lets me through once I 'startx'. But after that, at the screen, nothing else.

Not sure what to do, please help.

wranglerdriver
2013-08-08, 23:17
Hi,

Did you ever get passed this? I am having the same problem. I have updated the pi's firmware and that did not help. I am able to use the gui in raspian with no problems.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

wranglerdriver
2013-08-10, 01:56
after xfce froze i cat'd .xsession-errors here are the contents:

Xsession: X session started for root at Sat Aug 10 01:47:34 UTC 2013
localuser:root being added to access control list
/usr/bin/x-session-manager: X server already running on display :0
ssh-agent is already running
xfdesktop[2087]: starting up

(xfce4-settings-helper:2100): xfce4-settings-helper-WARNING **: Failed to get the _NET_NUMBER_OF_DESKTOPS property.

does that help?

wranglerdriver
2013-08-10, 17:32
It appears that the raspberry pi is not froze, it is just the keyboard and mouse. I can ssh into the machine and kill xfce and then everything returns to normal.

here are some lines from /var/log/Xorg.log.0

[ 328.840] (II) SELinux: Disabled on system
[ 328.942] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
[ 328.942] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
[ 329.023] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[ 329.024] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[ 330.005] (II) config/udev: Adding input device USB Optical Mouse (/dev/input/mouse0)
[ 330.005] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[ 330.005] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[ 330.051] (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Operation not permitted

thanks for any help.

weendox
2013-08-13, 08:23
Got Kali installed ok on my Pi, but are we supposed to have networking capabilities? If so, how do we access it? I have a compatible usb wifi dongle plugged in but there isn't even any wifi "option" to scan for networks on the Pi version after I've installed it? Weird.

temek85
2013-09-12, 16:41
I installed the Raspberry Pi Arm image to an SD card using DD to copy the image over. Everything worked fine it starts up asks for the log in, so i log in as root. But then when i type in startx its says unknown command. So i cant get to a graphical interface. I tried redownloading it and flashing the image to the sd card again and its the same. Any idea what went wrong???

buzzben
2013-09-13, 17:43
I installed the Raspberry Pi Arm image to an SD card using DD to copy the image over. Everything worked fine it starts up asks for the log in, so i log in as root. But then when i type in startx its says unknown command. So i cant get to a graphical interface. I tried redownloading it and flashing the image to the sd card again and its the same. Any idea what went wrong???

issue fixed with kali 1.0.5 release. Redownload, Reflash and everything is working (almost)

temek85
2013-09-18, 22:59
ok thanks.

Rocketballz
2014-03-17, 22:15
Could someone please either post a link to where I can download the image, I thought I had the right one but I just get a black screen when I power on my pi. Either that or I just didn't properly write it to the sd card.
Thanks.